Like a virgin touched for the very first time, I'm stumbling my way through the whole blog scene; as I have done with much of my life.
As I quite often do I have random flashbacks to a point in time in life and those memories seem to trigger a message that I need at that exact moment.
Before a recent road trip with one of my best friends, my mother made a statement that still has me scratching my head. "Go where you'll be happy. Do what makes you happy." So simple yet so complex. I had no rebuttal or response. At 27 I don't know what makes me happy. Sad but true. I have a laundry list a mile long of things I dislike and places I would prefer not to be, but I never thought of the less pessimistic side. To make a long story short, it got me thinking back to when I was a kid and often perplexed by the turbulence of adolescence. How did I navigate the seemingly life ending curve balls of life? I wrote. I wrote poems, kept a diary/journal, and even wrote on my bed (don't ask).
This flashback has resulted in the birth of my modern diary. This blog from me to you. It's for those who are stumbling their way through life and at 20something have a lot of life experience and sit back and wonder why me? For those that still consider themselves young, with plenty of time ahead to figure it all out. For those of that are just getting their feet wet...

No comments:
Post a Comment